Why does Roswell North Elementary need a foundation?
Many schools, public and private, have added foundations to support educational programs beyond what taxes fund. Every dollar donated to a501(c)(3) is tax deductible and directly supports Roswell North Elementary.
How is the Foundation different than the PTA?
The PTA and Foundation work closely but are separate entities that operate independent fundraising efforts and budgets. While each organization may have separate initiatives, they work together toward the common goal of providing support to our teachers and students.
How does the Foundation determine how the money is used?
The Foundation meets each summer with the administration to determine the best way to allocate funds for the coming year, with the priority being the Licata Science Lab. Additional programs are prioritized by the number of students benefited and budget feasibility. All initiatives must fall within the overall strategic categories of Science and Technology, Enhanced Math and Literacy and Healthy Living.
How does the RNE Foundation raise money?
The Foundation uses the following major fundraising techniques:
- Holding an annual campaign for the students, parents, faculty, staff and Roswell North community.
- Soliciting donations from business partners and corporate donors.
- Hosting an annual gala with live and silent auctions.
- Raising funds via an annual student-led fundraiser
- Requesting money through available grants.
How can I support the Foundation?
- Volunteer to help with the Foundation’s fundraising efforts. Just click on the Contact Us tab above.
- Give at anytime by accessing our secure, online payment system.
- Contribute money by completing the pledge form and sending a check with your child or to the following address: Roswell North Elementary Foundation, 10525 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075.
- Link your Amazon Smile account and/or Kroger Plus card to RNEF. Download Instructions
- Contact your employer to determine whether they match eligible contributions
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. As long as you receive no goods or services, your donation is fully tax deductible.
Will I receive a tax receipt?
Yes, you will receive a letter acknowledging your donation. You can use your letter for both company match purposes and for your tax records.