The Roswell North Elementary Foundation was formed in 2009 to enrich and support the academic experience of the students at Roswell North Elementary School. Since inception, we’ve raised over $1,417,000! The Foundation annually funds all the costs of the Licata Science Lab, one of only two elementary school-level science labs in North Fulton County as well as additional programs, improvements, or initiatives consistent with the school’s strategic plan.
The mission of the Roswell North Elementary Foundation is to raise funds to enhance the educational experiences of students at Roswell North Elementary. The Foundation is committed to expanding learning opportunities, increasing academic achievement, and helping students reach their full potential. The Foundation engages faculty and staff, students and families, and business and community members with the goal of providing resources to support the objectives and strategic initiatives of the school.
Our Impact to Roswell North Elementary
- Fully funds the Licata Science Lab @ $400 PER DAY including teacher’s salary and all supplies
- Purchases computers, iPads and hundreds of hours of training for our teachers
- Built and maintain shade structure for our playground in partnership with the Passion Foundation
- Provide $2,000 in scholarships for 5th grade Tybee Island trip
- Purchase supplies for RNE’s garden.
- The Foundation purchased interactive whiteboards, iPads, Chromebooks, document cameras, and flashdrives for the school.
- The Foundation purchased licenses for computer-based math and reading programs that increase problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
- The Foundation provided scholarships for the fifth-grade field trips to Tybee and Jekyll Islands.
- The Foundation provided five Innovation Fund grants for teachers for the purchase of heart rate monitors and pedometers for physical education class, Chrome Books and microphones for the Early Intervention Program, online newspaper subscriptions for a nonfiction reading project, and materials for a Free Little Library donation center.
- The Foundation partnered with the City of Roswell to renovate the outdoor classroom.
- The Foundation installed upgrades to the RNE playground, including the installation of benches and in-ground musical instruments.