The Roswell North Elementary Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed in 2009 to enrich and support the academic experience of the students at Roswell North Elementary School in Roswell, Georgia. Please review the 2016 – 2017 Annual Report for more information about our operations and financials.
The mission of the Roswell North Elementary Foundation is to raise funds to enhance the educational experiences of students at Roswell North Elementary. The Foundation is committed to expanding learning opportunities, increasing academic achievement, and helping students reach their full potential. The Foundation engages faculty and staff, students and families, and business and community members with the goal of providing resources to support the objectives and strategic initiatives of the school.
- The Foundation has raised over $400,000 to benefit Roswell North Elementary since the Foundation’s inception in 2009.
- The Foundation funds the operating costs of the Licata Science Lab, one of two elementary school-level science labs in North Fulton County.
- The Foundation has purchased interactive whiteboards, iPads, Chromebooks, document cameras, and flashdrives for the school.
- The Foundation has purchased licenses for computer-based math and reading programs that increase problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
- The Foundation has provided scholarships for the fifth-grade field trips to Tybee and Jekyll Islands.
- The Foundation provided five Innovation Fund grants for teachers for the purchase of heart rate monitors and pedometers for physical education class, Chrome Books and microphones for the Early Intervention Program, online newspaper subscriptions for a nonfiction reading project, and materials for a Free Little Library donation center.
- The Foundation partnered with the City of Roswell to renovate the outdoor classroom.
- The Foundation installed upgrades to the RNE playground, including the installation of benches and in-ground musical instruments.